7.04.2009

Dante's 4th Birthday

I love birthdays! and for me the 4th Birthday is a big one. And Dante was talking about it for months.
me-"when is your birthday Dante?"
Dante- "Spider man"
me-" no what day is your birthday?"
Dante- "My firty fist!" (that is may 31st)
We had a SUPER fun party. it was awesome.I and the signs using vintage spider man covers I found online and had printed up for the party. IT looked so cool! We started out making capes and each kid gt a superhero mask. Then we ate pizza.

Once a gain I could not have done it without my awesome neighbor and friends. Melissa made a fabulous superman cake. We had a super hero training camp complete with obstacle course. Spiderman web tunnels, frozone Frisbee throwing, Mr. incredible power kicks, super leaps, Hulk jumps, Robin Rolls and then the Bat Cave. We had so much fun the Robin Rolls were a big hit and even Federico coun't resist and had to get in on the action.

it started to rain right towards the end of the obstacle course so we had to hurry it up and eat cake without being able to light a candle. It was over in lightning speed but it was still a blast.

Four has been interesting. He has discovered his assertiveness and not to my great joy! he is getting smarter and tries to outsmart us all the time. He may actually believe he is spider man. he gets immersed in his own imagination.
The other day he was looking at his hands then at the wall, then at his hands looked at me. "Mama, i need peanut butter."
"oh, to eat?"
"no to make my hands sticky like spider man."
Note to self hide the peanut butter!!!

well I've gotten by so far with very little drama form this little guy maybe its time for some.
4 may be an interesting age for us. We shall see....

7 comments:

Mrs. Jones says said...

Looks like so much fun! You did a GREAT job! How come your photos are so small?

theleguis said...

I shrunk them to fit them all in. are they too small? I can see them fine on my screen.

Cindy said...

What a fun party. I can't believe he is 4. Shouldn't he still be 9 months?????

Harmony said...

This is great! What's funny is that I just had a superhero birthday party for 5 year old Cado! So, you'll have to check up on my blog, hopefully I'll get around to posting that soon. I have a TON to catch up on. I think you outdid me though. Your party looks so fun and cute. I really love doing parties too.

Michelle said...

WAY too funny! I love the peanut butter story. such a crack up.

theleguis said...

I bet you can imagine the fear that ran up my spine when he said that. It is my worst nightmare.

Cammie said...

Oh my heavens!! What a great time you had! Major compliments to you for such a fun party.