I just got out of a 2 day trial today. My first Jury Duty. One of the joys of living in a small town is that you can't say some one else can do it. I was the first Juror candidate and had no good reason why I couldn't serve so I did it. At first I thought it was fun and interesting but in deliberations it really set in how serious it was and what a weighty responsibility it was. I hope we made the right decision but I'll never know. Man that was heavy.
5 comments:
Hey Marsha! Thank you for sending your blog address! I can't wait to see pictures! This is such a great way to keep in touch with everyone. How are you? You can check out our blog at thepeays.blogspot.com. keep in touch!
Lara Peay
I serve jury duty every year (except when nursing babies)and I have never even left the main room. I just sit there for eight hours reading.
What was your trial?
What was your trial about? I will never be called (and I'd like to once...only once) but my dad being a police officer has me booted out of the room every time!
The trial was kind of funny if it wasn't so serious. THis kid at the college got drunk and walked into the wrong dorm room got into bed with a girl and grabbed her brests. all we had to determine was whethter it was on pupose or not. it was hard b/c it will be on the kids record.
Post a Comment